Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Turtle Love

Here it is folks! The newest page from my mind to your eyes....


This page was created for the Scrappin Silhouettes LO challenge. I also used my edge punches, making it eligible for the Paper Niche challenge to use punches. I used pink as my main color because I usually avoid pink like the plague, it was new and even exciting to work with. Check the chipboard negative of the flower on the left page, it was distressed with ink and Stickled.

Here a close-up of the edge punch technique applied, the hand sewing to highlight the edge, and the color match with the ribbon. I outlined the different patterned papers to give them a little depth.

One of my favorite features is the border strip on the right page, I made slits in order to feed through some bright ribbon.
This arrangement is made with almost nothing but paper cut outs, some foam adhesive pads, and some sharpie doodling. I added two pink pins to just give the composition an edge. I chose this composition over a tag and a butterfly because these cut outs were just too perfect for these papers and this layout.

Happy Scrappin!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Love, love, love the colors! and your BIG turtle is adorable. Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you totally rocked this sketch! Awesome job. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are rockin' sweetie ! You knoe i love you!

    Huge hugs, your big sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, woo, gorgeous - your weaving of the yarn and ribbon is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete