Friday, August 6, 2010

Pushing creativity to the next level


Good afternoon all,

It is a rainy day here in Alabama, so what better way to spend it than scrapping? I finished my page for the newest Paper Niche layout challenge....and it is awesome!!


I have to say that my picture of the overall page does not do it justice, I took it in harsh sunlight (better than no light) in between rain showers, so please bear with me. The picture in my layout has been one of our favorites for a while now. We were dogsitting and Gordie (the Yorkie) has the best doggie facial expressions. It almost seemed like he was mimicking Joe.

Okay, on to the page itself... In order to create the edges I wanted to go with something less harsh than paint or ink, so I spritzed the edges with Tattered Angels in Black Magic (which gives it that golden shimmer) I focused the spray on the lower right hand corner and when it was still wet, I blew the mist out over the page creating branch like strips. (this can be done with a straw to make it less random"

I cut out two stars of different sizes using the Cricut - Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. I finished the star off with some hand stitching and some Stickles in Crystal to make it pop. I applied the same stitching in an oval shape around the main subjects of the photo.


Now comes the fun part, I made my own pinwheels using the new BoBunny line (same as the background on the page) and some funky brads to pin down the center. I positioned these pinwheels in the "branches" like flowers. I didn't think the butterflies from the sketch matched my picture, so I went with something a little more original...and I figure these beauties fly in the wind too.
When time permits, I will post an easy "how to" on the making of pinwheels if there is enough interest. Have a great weekend, and happy scrappin'!!

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the pinwheel idea! Good Luck Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree.... there's nothing like this page and techniques in person. You need to go to Paper Niche next time with me!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good sis ! Glad you like your blogpage !

    ReplyDelete