Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ode to life... and the joys of summer

Good afternoon everyone!!

Today is a day of lots of inspiration.... and I chose to seize the moment and scrap. =)
I was going through the challenges thinking about which order I would try to complete them, so true to form I decided to do more than one.

Many blog challenges call for summery items, and I chose the pictures out of my collection that I felt were an ode to summer (and cuteness)... Roxie eating watermelon. I was thinking to myself, "What could be more summery than biting into some watermelon?" These pictures are by far the cutest, and they have made me laugh on many an occasion.

I have been playing around with tags and decoupage for the last couple of days and I decided to incorporate one of them into this page. It in itself encourages you to live to your full potential in every way and I thought it fit very nicely side by side with enjoying summer.

I put together a page that qualifies for multiple challenges:
- Paper Poppy Kit (Love about Summer challenge, I used 2 stickers from the Cosmo Cricket cardstock stickers)
- Practical Scrappers (summer)
- Paper Niche (Embellishments made from paper cut outs)
- Frosted Designs (celebrate life)

To be honest, my pictures haven't been doing the layouts justice lately. Let me walk you through it though. I followed the Paper Poppy Kit sketch by Liz Qualman. I used October Afternoon papers for the most part. I used some Cosmo Cricket stickers from the newest Paper Poppy Kit (which is fabulous!)

The tag was inked, then covered in tissue paper and a Mod Podge solution to fix it. The phrases were done with pre-inked tissue paper in the same way. The last one, however, was inked and then covered with a layer of tissue paper, but this layer was left on flat during the drying process... then I ripped the tissue paper around the edges. I absolutely love this tag!!
I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die to cut out the bottom layer of these flowers out of parchment paper.... I know it's not conventional paper, but it's paper nonetheless. Paper that I spritzed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist and let dry overnight to create the droplet effect.

That is it for today I'm afraid, off to the beach for some more summery pictures!
Happy Scrappin' everyone!!

Siobhan


6 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous! and I love how you combined the challenges... very clever, you rascal.
    See you manana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mum for sharing PP Kit.... I love you, and your LO's are great

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have the summer theme on this one!! Your photos are priceless!! How cute!! And I love the tag and title... very creative! Thanks for sharing with us how you made them!! And thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs this week!!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous lo! And I laughed at your great pictures ! Thank you for joining in at TPE this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT layout and cute pictures!! Love the October Afternoon, flowers, words... Thanks for joining us at TPE!! (=

    ReplyDelete