Sunday, August 8, 2010

Things I love about...

Good morning everyone,

Today is a wonderful day and it started out in a productive way for me. I worked on the Scrappin Silhouette sketch for this week, which has been so much fun to make.

I decided to forgo the title in the lower right corner because the "note pad" cut out already had an apt title. I think this page speaks for itself.....
I am in love with pin wheels at the moment...I must have made about 50 of them last night in all different colors and sizes. I almost feel like they are going to be my "signature" embellishment. Instead of fixing this one with a brad, I chose to do a simple cross stitch. It's hard to tell in a photo, but I added some stickles around some of the clouds and lightly misted the pinwheel with some Tattered Angels glimmer mist in Pearl. And I applied just a hint of crackle accents to some of the page elements, like the yellow flower.
Hope you have a lovely Sunday, happy Scrappin'!!

Siobhan

4 comments:

  1. Well done - fun paper choices and she is adorable! Great take on the sketch, you are right, it doesn't need more of a title.
    hugs
    JoyceAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. terrific LO .. love the patterned papers you have used :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is adorable! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Scrappin' Silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete