Saturday, July 31, 2010

My first Pink Elephant

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hope that you are all having a great weekend so far. I've been working on the sketch for the Pink Elephant.....I liked it so much, I did it in the color combination specified of Aqua, Black & White. I also created a different page using the same LO but with a different color combination. I love them both, let me know what you think?




This first version was, in a way, already created. I had the title in mind for the picture, and with the LO and color scheme already provided....this page was a cinch to put together.




I am very fond of this page because of the hand stitching and the subtle Stickles elements. Also, the black and white Lush paper from My Mind's Eye is relatively hard to work with so I was exceptionally glad to have found a use for it. Prima flowers just finish it off.
This orange, yellow and green version below will appeal to some people more than the LO above. I love this page especially because the paper just lent itself to the design and with a touch of ribbon, some flowers (with metallic accents) and again, some hand stitching this page has a youthful and even innocent feel about it.
Below is a close-up of my hand stitching and the crackle effect on the letters. Hope you enjoy your weekend! Please please, please me with some comments =)

3 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous!!!!!! Love, love the colors and the one with the sun is fabulous! It was great to see you today. Miss scrappin' with you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love these and also LOVE the way you've used all the printed papers...just awesome!!!!
    And what a cute pup!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout! I saw the sunshine one on the SOUS blog! Both of them are just fabulous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete