Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Challenging perspectives

Evening Everyone,

Here a few pages to share with you. The first includes a picture of myself as a toddler. The LO is cute and innocent, just like the time period I associate with it.




This second layout is one of my new favorites, for many reasons and I will try to highlight each particular element.
- I started with black cardstock, I wet the edges so I could peel back the top layer of fiber at the edges to give it a completely different distressed look.
- I then used watered down white paint to highlight the edges, I then used undiluted paint along the very edged for border distinction.
- Using the remaining paint, I flicked the paint across the page creating splatter.
- I ripped a piece of cardboard so the top layer was removed exposing the corrugated part. I highlighted the upper part of the curves with white paint. Once it was dry, I misted the cardboard with Onyx glimmer mist.
- I layered the cardboard with a strip of red cardstock, and a strip of textured "Lush" paper. Then I placed a wide sheer black ribbon equal distance away from the edge as the ribbon was wide. On top of this ribbon went a layer of thinner black ribbon with white stitching.
- I matted the photo with white cardstock, about a half inch all the way around, then made slits in the paper all around so I could curl the edges up.
-After fixing all the layers on the page, I used the red flower sticker from Basic Grey.
-To finish the whole LO, I wrote the title repeatedly around the edges in a white ink. "Dogs in a box" and applied some crackle effect to the red cardstock.

This last page was an experiment. I spread paint on my hand to create the handprint, but you could use ink too.....I just didn't want to have an inked hand for the next few days.
I had created the petals for the flower out of chipboard, and I would be happy to show you how to do them at Paper Moon. This page is simply titled "Who am I", and I hope my journaling on the labels and the the borders create an answer.

Enjoy, and as always please comment!








2 comments:

  1. He hunnie :) Pages looking great !! Love the last one especially....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work! That LO with the black BG is fab, so glad you added deets on how you did it too!

    ReplyDelete