Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Airplanes

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Today I finally have a new page to show off....a page I am entering for both Frosted Design's "Lyrics" challenge, and for Practical Scrappers "7 things" challenge.

The title of this page is Airplanes and was inspired by the song of the same title, which was performed by B.O.B. featuring Hayley Williams.....and this was the result.


I used a lot of different elements that were subtle, but could still pack a big punch in effect. I used at least 7 different items to include; black cardstock, patterned paper by October Afternoon, white gel pen, Stickles in Black Diamond and Stardust, black lace, the Cricut, a distress tool, pearl accents etc. The crackle effect was used in places such as the letters of the title, as shown below.



The line of lyrics that inspired this whole page was "Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?" I used this line in the LO along the bottom of the page.



I used Stickles in many places to highlight the shooting stars, this particular shooting star was cut out using the Cricut Home Decor cartridge. I traced the outline with Black Diamond Stickles then used crackle effect in the very center for some depth of character.



To give this page just a little bit of extra detail, I did a faux stitch around the matting. All in all I am very happy with the result. Happy Scrapping.....and I blog for comments!!






1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool photo and I love the black lace you used and your faux stitching!

    Corinna
    Practical Scrappers

    ReplyDelete