Sunday, July 18, 2010

Crop @ Paper Moon

Welcome all, hope you're having a great weekend.

I have just finished spending the last two days at the grand opening crop @ Paper Moon. It was a great time to spend with many inspiring paper crafters, sharing techniques, gadgets, and creativity.

I worked on many pages, and several different variations of flower embellishments. I particularly enjoyed making my variation of the Tim Holtz grunge rose. Very fun to make and incorporate into layouts! I encourage you to try it, and if you're in Paper Moon I'd be glad to show you how I make them.

The LO above was just a fun way for me to play with materials that usually don't find their way onto scrapbook pages. The teal strip along the right, and the layered strips behind the star are color Duck tape. I wanted this page to have a more boystrous, yet funky and playful way about it (just like the title inspiration....).



This page was actually started by Beatriz and I was able to incorporate other elements to mirror the pose in the pictures. The two flowers in the top of the LO are my version of the grunge roses, I thought they worked really nicely with the different papers....even if they look little squished now.

I have many more pages to show you, I will space them out over a few days. Please comment, and have a blessed day!

Siobhan



2 comments:

  1. Love all your work and specially your "free style" incorporating elements to your pages.
    I am so glad so were able to come to the crop!!!!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete